All products are hand made by me! I have some help from friends cutting out patterns, etc… but for now it’s just me. I make all my bags with recycled textiles – sweaters, dresses, suits, jeans, dress shirts, t-shirts, tablecloths, curtains, sheets. Sometimes it’s fun to try and guess what the fabrics came from! I add fabrics from my stash (I craft, therefore I hoard) as well. I wash all the clothing prior to using it for my tote bags.
I don’t have a “store” set up because pretty much as soon as I make a tote bag or wristlet or Christmas stocking it is already claimed! That is a great problem to have!! So I mostly sew from order to order – each order is custom made and I don’t have any “stock”.
Below is a gallery of items I’ve made in the past and some general idea of sizes. I say general because sometimes the size depends on how much of a particular fabric I have or if I have to cut and maneuver around a stain or hole in the fabric.
These are the items I can make:
- Tote bags – variety of styles, sizes
- Wristlets – I have vertical and horizontal options
- Christmas stockings
- Dog coats, leashes, collars and poop bag holders
- Infant sun hats or winter bonnets
- Mug mats and placemats (always somewhat eclectic and irregularly sized, FYI)
If you would like to place an order send me an email at email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name and contact information
- What you would like to have me make and how many
- What general colors you want (it always depends on the clothes I have or can find)
- Do you want a magnetic snap or zipper closure (or none – just regular tote bag)?
- General sizes for each item
All money I receive from these items go towards this charity. Here are some general guidelines for donations:
- Tote bags $20 – $40
- Wristlets $15-$20
- Dog items $10 – $30
- Hats $10 – $15
- Mug mats / placemats $3-10 each
I add $5 to every order for shipping. If you live close by we can make arrangements for you to pick up or me to drop off your order.
If you would like me to make a Diaper Bag for a mom at the Baby Rescue Center at Hope of Life in Zacapa, Guatemala with the same fabrics I used for yours, please add about $10 to your donation and let me know! Last year I took about 20 diaper bags to the moms there – they were a BIG hit. Every mom needs a tote for her baby’s stuff!!! I’m hoping to take many more this year as only about 20% of the moms there got one.
Your support and generosity are greatly appreciated! You are supporting my creative side and compulsion to make stuff. And at the same time (and more importantly), you are supporting Heart2Go, medical missions, families, the poor and needy and sick.
“Are not five sparrows sold for two cents? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God….Do not fear, you are more valuable than many sparrows.”